2018- 2019 Mark Twain Nominees
(I am splitting the list with our librarian Ms. Harden… the first six are my responsibility. I will probably read some of the others… I am enjoying getting into the Mark Twain Lists again!)
The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner Moo by Sharon Creech Soar by Joan Bauer Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier Ghost by Jason Reynolds Nine, Ten: A September 11th Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- Framed! A T.O.A.S.T. Mystery by James Ponti
Counting Thyme by Melanie Conklin
- Maxi’s Secrets by Lynn Plourde
When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks & Gita Varadarajan
- Unbound by Ann E Burg
Books Discovered via Twitter and my Book Blog
- 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up by Bianca Schulz
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
- The Snow Angel by Lauren St. John
- Wishtree by Katherine Applegate (quote from @MrSchuReads “When you put Wishtree in a reader’s hands, you put hope in their hands”)
- Refugee by Alan Gratz
- The 13-Story Tree house by Andy Griffiths (Found via Dogobooks.com)
- Ms. Bixby’s Last Day by John David Anderson (@MrSchuReads)
Books Discovered while exploring Amazon or Book Stores
- One Amazing Elephant by Linda Oatman High
- The Magician’s Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
Suggested to Students by Mrs. Kohl ( my school’s Instructional Coach)
The One and Only Ivan by Katherine ApplegateRead this as part of Sterling’s One Book, One School Read
Recommended / Requested by Students
- The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz
- The Unbreakable Code by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman – Started June 2017
- Fablehaven: Dragonwatch by Brandon Mull – love this series….so excited to read newest book.
- The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer – finished first book 7/11/17
AR BOOK CHALLENGE
(I am not going to list all the books … most obviously because I have basically challenged myself to read all AR quiz books in order … and that would be a long list. I am going to list the last two I have read, what I am currently reading, and then the next five… and slowly update it. If you want to see the more complete list starting with book #1… read my AR Challenge Post.
The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare– 5 / 10 pts
- I ended up borrowing this from the public library… they even had to borrow it from another branch. This book is a Newbery Medal winner. I enjoyed how Daniel met and was part of Jesus’ life. I can think of many kids that would enjoy reading about Jesus… outside of the bible.
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink– 6 / 8 pts
- Yep… another classic that I didn’t read until I was an adult! I am surprised I didn’t read it sooner I was a huge fan of the Little House series… so one would think I would have read this too… alas… not teacher or librarian thought to recommend it!
- Call It Courage by Armstrong Sperry – 6.2 / 3 pts
- Looks like I will be picking up my challenge here… as I read the summary for this book I realized I don’t think I really have read it! I think with the popularity of the movie Moana right now many young readers would find this interesting.
- Started 7/8/17 (audio tape)
- Carry on, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham – 4.1 / 8 pts
- The Cat Who Went to Heaven by Elizabeth Coatsworth – 5.9 / 2 pts
- Centerburg Tales: More Adventures of Homer Price by Robert McCloskey – 6 / 5pts
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White – 4.4 / 5 pts
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl – 4.8 / 5 pts